Free access for NZ teachers
School-gen is giving teachers free access to Mind Lab Kids Classroom from now until August and with heaps of creative experiments to challenge your students, it makes planning class activities or homework easy.
Here’s how to get started:
- Go to Mind Lab Kids and click on For School in the top navigation bar.
- Click on Subscribe now/Sign up to create a Teacher account.
- Complete the sign-up process – you’ll need a profile pic and your teacher registration number.
- Click on +Create Activity (top right navigation bar) and then choose up to 3 challenges as part of one activity.
- Once you’ve created your activity, click on Next Step and name your activity, your class and include any instructions for students.
- Next click on the Create activity button which will appear below the visuals of the challenges you have chosen.
- Click on the Share Activity button to get a URL you can email or share with your students.
- If your students have a Mind Lab Kids account they can get started straight away. If not, they will need to register. It will ask for their parents email address, however if they use your address you will be sent the email to verify their registration which will speed up the process.
- Once the students have completed their challenges they can upload a pic or video for you to view.
- To see their results, click on Solutions and use the emoji’s to tell them what you think.
This is your classroom’s chance to win 4 Lego Simple + Powered Machines!
It’s simple – Have your teacher sign up on Mind Lab Kids Classroom and then get everyone working on the hundreds of fun and educational experiments and activities available!
The class that completes the most challenges between now and Thursday 2 July 2020 at 7pm wins!
To get started have your Teacher set up a Mind Lab Classroom for your class.
It’s pretty straightforward and we’ve provided the steps in the panel on the right on this page.
If you get stuck then get in touch with us on [email protected]
Good luck and get experimenting, building and making!
There is always some fine print …. check out School-gen’s Terms and Conditions here.
Want more Activities?
Twiggy the Pukeko and Chip & Chirpy learn about renewable energy and you can learn too.
Fun home activities
Want to have fun experimenting and making stuff? Here’s some more activities to do at home.
Challenge yourself and your friends on Crunch Time and avoid predators in the Whio Boot Camp game.