Genesis America’s Cup Trophy Tour Visit and $3,000 STEM Package Competition
Terms and Conditions
Updated: 6 August 2020
To celebrate Genesis being the Official Energy Partner of Emirates Team New Zealand, we are giving away one of four “America’s Cup Trophy Tour Visits and a $3,000 Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths equipment package” to four schools, two in the North Island and two in the South Island.
1. These terms (“Terms”) govern the Genesis America’s Cup Trophy Tour Visit Competition (“Competition”).
2. The promoter of the Competition is Genesis Energy Limited. The Competition is open for entry submissions from Friday 31 July to midnight Friday 21 August 2020. Public voting will commence from midday, Monday 17 August 2020 and close at midday on Friday 28 August 2020.
3. The Competition is open to all Ministry of Education authorised Schools who correctly complete the entry form on the Genesis School-gen website and who have provided all required information (“Schools”). Information required may include video’s, pictures, documents, content or other media (“Media”).
4. Only authorised school personnel (Principal, School Manager, Teacher) can submit an entry into this Competition on behalf of their School and only one entry per school is allowed. For the purposes of verifying entries, consent must be granted by the school principal. Following submission, all entries will be reviewed and verified by Genesis before being accepted to participate in the Competition. Entries into the Competition will be displayed on the Genesis School-gen website.
5. Genesis reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of a School’s entry into the Competition (including a Schools’ status, location, consent to enter, or other eligibility criteria) and to disqualify or exclude any School or entry from the Competition that is not in accordance with these Terms. Genesis may, at its sole discretion, reject any entry that it deems to be inappropriate, is in breach of these Terms, is contrary to law, if consent from the School has not been granted in an acceptable form or for any other reason.
6. By entering this Competition, the School grants Genesis, the right to use any information and Media supplied by the School on the Genesis and Genesis School-gen website generally without limit in time. The School confirms that it has the right and all appropriate consents from the parents/care givers of students, to grant Genesis the ability to use, the Media.
7. Genesis is not liable or responsible for any late, lost, misdirected or incorrectly entered entries to this Competition, or any technical malfunction, delay or loss of data that may result in the failure or delay of the entry into the Competition.
8. Following entry into the Competition, Schools will be listed on the Genesis School-gen website along with supporting information derived from the entry form, Media and other information provided by the School. Users of the Genesis School-gen website will then vote for the Schools that they wish to pass on to the next stage of the competition. Only one vote per day per user will be accepted.
9. All Schools entering in the Competition are responsible for encouraging their community to vote.
10. Voting is open from midday Mon 17 Aug 2020 (“Voting Open”) and closes at midday Frid 28 Aug 2020 (“Voting Closure”).
11. Following Voting Closure, the total vote numbers will be normalised and adjusted at Genesis’ sole discretion, to take into account differing school sizes. This will be done by taking the total number of votes received and dividing it by the School’s roll (as supplied on the Ministry of Education website).
12. Schools will be split, based on their location, into 2 regions – North Island and South Island. The top five Schools from each region, based on the normalised and adjusted voting value, following Voting Closure (“Finalists”) will be reviewed by a panel of judges.
13. The judges will select two prize winners (each a “Winner” and together, the “winners”) from the Finalists for each region. The Winners will be announced on the Genesis School-gen website on 2 September 2020 (“Competition Date”). The judge’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The Winners will be contacted by email or telephone no later than 5 business days after the Competition Date. In the case of email, the Winner will be asked to contact Genesis.
15. Each of the four Competition prizes (each, a “Prize Pack”) will consist of:
(a) a visit to the winning School of the America’s Cup Trophy (“Visit”); and
(b) an educational equipment package, containing items selected by Genesis, to the value of $3,000 (plus GST) (“Products”). Genesis will select items deemed suitable to help build the School’s capacity to encourage students STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) learning (“Products”).
16. The date and time selected for the visit to the winning School with the America’s Cup Trophy will be specified by Genesis, who will make this decision in consultation with America’s Cup Events and Emirates Team New Zealand and notified to the School. North Island visits will occur mid-October and South Island visits mid-November 2020. Genesis will work with each winning school to find a suitable date, however if one cannot be determined then the school will forfeit the prize pack and it will be offered to another school by the judging panel. Winning schools must be willing to consent to having the America’s Cup Tour visit to their school filmed by Genesis or any of its affiliates.
17. Following announcement of winners, winning schools cannot opt to choose to receive only the $3,000 STEM package. If for some reason beyond the control of Genesis and Emirates Team New Zealand, the America’s Cup Trophy Tour is cancelled, the winning schools will receive the $3,000 STEM package of equipment only.
18. Once products within the $3,000 STEM equipment package have been provided, they cannot be cancelled, returned or exchanged. However, subject to supplier terms and conditions, a defective or damaged Product may be replaced or exchanged for another Product of equal value.
19. The Winner acknowledges that Genesis will not be responsible for any of the Products within the STEM equipment prize pack. Standard manufacturer warranties and guarantees will apply to all Products.
20. All Products are subject to any other terms and conditions as advised by Genesis or the supplier when the Products are made available to the Winner. Genesis will not be liable for any loss, theft or damage to any Product in the course of or post-delivery.
21. Except as otherwise provided in these terms Prize Packs (or any part of a Prize Pack) cannot be redeemed, transferred or exchanged for cash, bill credits or otherwise. Any out of pocket expenses incurred by the Winner will not be refundable.
22. The Prize will be forfeited if a Winner:
(a) is unable to be notified (including where emails are returned undeliverable or where the Winner fails to respond to a telephone notification) within 5 working days of being notified;
(b) cannot be verified;
(c) refuses to sign any legal documentation as reasonably required by Genesis (including on behalf of any suppliers);
(d) is found to be ineligible for the Competition;
(e) is found to have breached any of these Terms or their terms of supply from Genesis;
(f) is found to be in breach of any New Zealand law, standard or regulation; or
(g) cannot participate in the Competition for any reason.
23. If the Prize is forfeited, Genesis may select an alternative Winner from the Finalists. Genesis reserves the right to continue to follow the process outlined above until a Winner is selected, contacted and accepts the Prize.
24. No financial or other consideration will be awarded to the forfeiter.
25. Genesis makes no representation as to the Prize Pack or any Product(s)’ fitness for purpose, safety, condition, quality or other conditions. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Genesis (including its officers, employees and agents) assumes no responsibility, and excludes all liability (including negligence), for, any claims, losses (including loss of opportunity), damages, injuries, costs and/or expenses, personal injury or death, whether direct, indirect, economic, special or consequential, suffered, sustained or incurred as a result of, or arising in any way out of, or in any way connected with, the Competition, the Prize Pack or any of the Products.
Marketing and Promotion
26. By entering this Competition, the Winners agree that they will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable promotional requests relating to the Competition or Genesis School-gen in general without compensation, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or documented (“Promotional Material”). Such Promotional Material may be published on any media including but not limited to the School-gen website and social media. Genesis may use the Winner’s name and image in any Promotional Material for any marketing and promotional purposes. All intellectual property rights in the Promotional Material are the property of Genesis and the Winner waives any moral rights under the Copyright Act 1994 and like rights the Winner may have in relation to any Promotional Material.
27. The Winners agree to participate in any publicity arrangements that Genesis Energy may reasonably require. The winning school’s will be responsible for getting waivers in relation to its students and school staff being photographed or videoed for the purpose of the competition entry and/or promotional material.
Social Media Platforms
28. Where the Competition is run through Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp or Oculus VR, the Competition is not sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by or associated with Facebook Inc., Facebook Ireland Limited or any other related company. Facebook has no liability in relation to the Giveaway. Any information provided in relation to the Competition is provided to Genesis and any Giveaway Partners and is not provided to Facebook.
29. Where the Competition is run through Twitter or Periscope, the Competition is not sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by or associated with Twitter Inc. or any other related company. Twitter has no liability in relation to the Competition. Any information provided in relation to the Competition is provided to Genesis and any Partners and is not provided to Twitter.
30. Where the Competition is run through any Google product (including YouTube) the Competition is not sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by or associated with Alphabet Inc. or any other related company. Alphabet has no liability in relation to the Competition. Any information provided in relation to the Competition is provided to Genesis and any Competition Partners, and is not provided to Alphabet.
32. Genesis is not responsible for, and to the extent permitted by law, does not provide any warrant in respect of, the quality or suitability of any Products or services provided to you by any of our suppliers.
33. All decisions of Genesis in relation to the Competition are final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
34. Genesis reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, withdraw, modify or suspend the Competition (or any part of the Competition, including any Products), or invalidate any Schools from the Competition (or any part of the Competition, including any Products), at any time and will take reasonable steps to notify participants accordingly.
35. By participating in the Competition, you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and any other applicable terms and conditions.