Amesbury School - Wellington City - 4 kw
Amesbury School is a new Year 1-6 school in Churton Park, Wellington. The school opened on February 1st 2012. Amesbury School is committed to developing a 21st Century learning environment.
Our purpose built 21st Century environment allows us to work flexibly to ensure all children’s learning is engaging, meaningful, personalised, joyful and empowering. The flexible learning environment has a strong indoor/outdoor flow, connecting the school buildings with the outdoor learning environment, thereby emphasising the important point that learning happens everywhere. Our Educational Philosophy:
- Aim High
- Modern 21st Century, innovative, purpose built school with traditional family values
- Engaging with the global world
- Sustainability and justice: We challenge all students to adopt behaviours and practices to secure our future and ensure the wellbeing of our world and all life on earth.
- Building strong relationships
- Understanding the world as holistic, contextual and diverse
- Responsive to individual needs, interests and capabilities
Amesbury School was built to a 5 Green Star Rating. Green Star is a comprehensive, national, voluntary environmental rating scheme that evaluates a building’s environmental impact based on site selection, design, construction and maintenance. At Amesbury School we can monitor our energy consumption on our building management system which provides up to the minute data and is on display in the school foyer for all to see. Now that we are a Schoolgen School we can monitor the energy we make from our 4 kilowatt photovoltaic array (16 solar panels). We are excited about the opportunities we have to become more sustainable in our energy use and practices. Check out the Amesbury School blog entry too!